Happy Pi Day! In honor of 3/14, here’s a delicious recipe for Kentucky chocolate pecan pie, which is served at Churchill Downs and Kentucky Derby parties on Derby Day. We’re a little bit early for that celebration, but today we can make an exception.
– 3 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 cup of light corn syrup
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
– 1 cup of chopped pecans
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
– 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
– 1 9-inche deep dish pie shell, unbaked
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients and pour them into the pie shell.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees; cook for another 35 minutes.
4. Let cool, and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.